My immediate response is WOW followed by an emoticon of sadness :-(
These grades are two years old and I suspect they have not improved and perhaps have gotten even worse.
Maybe with a new Speaker of the House perhaps some new attention on this national crisis will happen (?) -- I certainly hope so.
In the World Economic Forum AGENDA, there is an article by the Honorable Gordon Brown (former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom) with the headline GORDON BROWN: IT'S TIME TO TAKE INFRASTRUCTURE SERIOUSLY.
Mr. Brown's article offers a very critical and less than optimistic view of the world's current infrastructure crisis that prompted me to write this blog. He offers some of the following facts:
- There is a $20 Trillion backlog in infrastructure maintenance/upgrade requirements running to 2030
- 18% of the world's citizens are left without electricity
- 11% of the world's citizens are left without clean water
- 20% are deprived of basic healthcare
- 58M children denied primary schooling