Friday, June 20, 2014

Must Read for CyberWar Students and Spectators

I've just returned from an interesting and exhausting ICS security trip to Nigeria, Egypt and Dubai --- and as I was catching up on my reading I came across an excellent and well-written article regarding nation-state attacks on our critical infrastructure.  Kudos to Mike Riley and Jordan Robertson of Bloomberg!

The article in Bloomberg is UglyGorilla Hack of U.S. Utility Exposes Cyberwar Threat.

Rather than resummarize the article I'd strongly suggest you read it and think about the implications of the content.

It is pretty ugly.

Anyone who thinks we are ahead of the cyber attackers/criminals is sadly mistaken.

As noted by Representative Mike Rogers, R-Michigan: "This is as big a national security threat as I have ever seen in the history of this country that we are not prepared for."

Read and ponder....

###